- Added support for C# 6 and VB 14 language features.
- Added support for .NET 4.7. You can now reference .NET 4.7 assembly references.
- Added support for Visual Studio 2017. Visual Studio support can be installed as a VSIX from the Visual Studio marketplace and can be automatically updated.
- Added official CodeSmith Generator NuGet packages for SDK scenarios.
- Added new CodeSmith.Generator.Task NuGet package which enables generate on build functionality. This package also includes the cs.exe command line executable as well.
- Added the ability to specify a license key via the Generator:License environment variable or in code CodeSmithLicense.SetLicenseKey(key). Allows for easy build server and CI usage.
- Added High DPI support.
- Added support for
<code>blocks to be used in doc comments to support rendering of code snippets within a summary section.
- Added support for newer snippets that could contain shortcuts that begin with the # character.
- Fixed various colorization issues with the Visual Studio Editor.
- Fixed breaking issue where non blocked if statements wouldn’t be rendered correctly.
- Fixed an issue where Template Editor would no longer work after using an SDK application.
- Improved the IntelliPrompt for properties to include accessors, making it possible to see whether a property is read-only.
- Improved Property Grid editing experience for Byte, Date, Int16, Single and Time data types.
- Improved document tab management with Pin Document, Close All Documents and Close Other Documents when right clicking on a document tab.
- Improved document docking to be much more flexible.
- Updated cut/copy/paste/drag/drop editor actions to all support block and full line flags compatible with Visual Studio.
- Fixed a bug where a document with many sequential whitespace lines and indentation guides visible could affect editing performance.
- Fixed a bug in certain cultures where negative numbers using currency format wouldn’t display properly.
- Fixed a few theme rendering issues that could occur on Windows 10.
- Updated User interface components to work better with mouse, touch, pen and other input devices.
- Updated the DB2zOSSchemaProvider to support newer versions of DB2 (> 10.1).
- Updated all samples.
- Many more minor bug fixes and performance improvements.
The installer no longer contains MSBuild support or Visual Studio Integration. If you are getting an error about a missing targets file, you’ll need to either remove the targets file from the project file or right click on your CodeSmith Generator Project File and under options remove Generate on Build and reenable it. This will remove the old targets file which is invalid and install the CodeSmith.Generator.Task NuGet package which will enable the Generate on build support.