- Added beta support for Visual Studio 2012 themes.
- Fixed a bug where the Template Editor font size would be displayed incorrectly inside of Visual Studio 2012.
- Fixed a bug where the Visual Studio 2012 snippets were not being detected by the Template Editor.
- Fixed a bug where the Returned ComplileTemplateResult.IsFromCache could return an incorrect value.
- Fixed a bug where the the Base Sample Directory could be set to an incorrect value.
- Fixed a bug where templates template code’s background color wasn’t being shown if you didn’t have MVC 3.0+ installed. This now falls back to the ‘Highlighted Reference’ font and color settings.
- Fixed a bug where an error would be thrown when attempting to compile a specific template on multiple processes at the same time.
- Many more minor bug fixes.
- Fixed a bug where templates weren’t being loaded from cache in some circumstances.
- Fixed a bug where the Visual Studio MSBuild integration wasn’t displaying messages in the output window.
- Fixed a bug where the progress bar could show 100% after generating through Manage Outputs in Visual Studio.
- Updated the IEngineHost interface’s GetContent methods to accept an optional parameter overload that controls how content is returned (from source or from memory).
- Fixed a bug where the Template Editor would show invalid parse error messages for Visual Basic templates that contain XmlProperties.
- Fixed a bug where SqlCodeTemplate was treating any column that ended in TypeCode as an enumeration (BREAKING CHANGE).
Known Visual Studio 2012 Issues
These issues only effect the Visual Studio 2012 integration. Please note that we are working on a native metro theme for the Template Editor that will resolve the theming issues below. If you find any other issues with VS2012, please let us know.
- Find feature doesn’t work, but find and replace is working.
We are awaiting a response from Microsoft.
- When changing themes, you may need to restart Visual Studio once to ensure the editor is displayed correctly. We are awaiting a response from Microsoft.
- Template Editor scroll bars and drop downs will be incorrectly themed.
- Schema Explorer, Template Editor navigational glyphs (the arrow icons next to folders / schema objects) are barely visible when using the dark theme.