The CodeSmith Tools are hitting the road (and even the skies) to talk about .NET technology all around the US!
Want us to speak at your local user group? Just drop me a line!
We will post again each month with updates and additional details, so stay tuned!
- April 4th (Monday) – Oklahoma City DNUG – PLINQO: Advanced LINQ to SQL
- March 25th (Friday) – North West Arkansas TechFest 2011 – Attack of the Cloud
- April 11th (Monday) – Fort Smith DNUG – PLINQO: Advanced LINQ to SQL
- April 12th (Tuesday) – North West Arkansas DNUG – TBA
- April 13th (Wednesday) – North West Arkansas SQL Server UG – PLINQO: Advanced LINQ to SQL
- April 14th (Thursday) – Little Rock DNUG – Using Embedded QA to Build Rock-Solid Software
- New Mexico
- May 5th (Thursday) – New Mexico DNUG – Attack of the Cloud
- May 9th (Monday) – Cedar Rapids DNUG – Code Generation
- August 4th (Thursday) – Des Moines DNUG – Using Embedded QA to Build Rock-Solid Software
- May 11th (Wednesday) – DFW Connected Systems UG – PLINQO: Advanced LINQ to SQL
- May 26th (Thursday) – Memphis DNUG – Code Generation
- June 1st (Wednesday) – Space Coast DNUG – PLINQO: Advanced LINQ to SQL
- June 2nd (Thursday) – Tallahassee DNUG – Attack of the Cloud
- June 7th (Tuesday) – Deerfield Beach DNUG – Code Generation
- New York
- July 7th (Thursday) – Long Island DNUG – Code Generation
- TBD – Fairfield DNUG – Code Generation
- Attack of the Cloud
- Cloud computing is great, but what do we put in the cloud? The web is advancing at an incredible pace and it’s time to start building true Web Applications, not just web sites! Web Apps shake off the constraints of operating system specific frameworks and free developers to work in an open standards based environment. This session will cover a variety of topics ranging from ASP.NET MVC development, unit testing, REST APIs, JSON, JQuery, ExtJS, tips and tricks, lessons learned, and more. It will conclude with building a sample blog reader Web App, and then deploying that to Windows Azure.
- Code Generation
- Code generation is a powerful practice that allows you produce higher-quality, more consistent code in less time. This helps remove the mundane and repetitive parts of programming, allowing developers to focus their efforts on more important tasks, and saving companies time and money. Code generation enables you to: efficiently reduce repetitive coding, generate code in less time with fewer bugs, and produce consistent code that adheres to your standards.
- Using Embedded QA to Build Rock-Solid Software
- Without an automated means to collect errors from deployed applications, how can you know that your software is performing as expected? Embedded QA can be used to augment your own internal QA efforts, greatly increasing both the effectiveness of your testing and overall stability of your applications. As Jeff Atwood phrased it, "If you’re waiting around for users to tell you about problems with your website or application, you’re only seeing a tiny fraction of all the problems that are actually occurring. The proverbial tip of the iceberg."
- PLINQO: Advanced LINQ to SQL
- In the time that LINQ to SQL has been available, we have been identifying ways to make LINQ to SQL better. We have compiled all of those cool tips and tricks including new features into a set of CodeSmith templates. PLINQO opens the LINQ TO SQL black box giving you the ability to control your source code while adding many new features and enhancements. It’s still LINQ to SQL, but better!
Hope to see you soon!